Python 1.5 v Python 2.1

Lindstrom Greg - glinds Greg.Lindstrom at acxiom.com
Fri Aug 10 10:40:38 EDT 2001

I have a friend on my test team wanting to move to Python 2.1 on his windows
2000 box. He is currently running Python 1.5.2 and has lots of existing test
code that he still wants to use. When he installed Python 2.1 and ran his
first routine he saw: "dlls for 1.5 conflicting with version 2.1". I know
there is an issue with the socket routine, but what's causing this, and how
can I fix it for him?

Thanks!

Greg Lindstrom
Acxiom Corporation,                    mail: CWY10011149
InfoBase Products Development                  office: (501) 342-1626
301 Industrial Blvd, Conway, AR, 72032     fax:     (501) 336-3911
email: Greg.Lindstrom at acxiom.com

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. -- Bertrand
Russell