Header inconsistency?

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Tue Aug 28 15:38:46 EDT 2001

[Maciej Sobczak]
> I've found that in file config.h that is shipped with Python
> distribution there are lines:
>
> typedef long intptr_t;
> typedef unsigned long uintptr_t;
>
> whereas in some other files shipped with my compiler (indirectly
> included by
> my lib code) there are:
>
> typedef int intptr_t;
> typedef unsigned int uintptr_t;

Offhand this looks like a problem unique to Windows; please track the bug
report at

<http://sf.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=456252&group_id=5470&atid=1
05470>

> However, I've got a question:
> Is this a problem? Or a bug? Should/Can I tinker with the files
> distributed with Python this way? Is this a known problem?

Yes, yes, no/yes, now it is <wink>.

> Few details:
> I use ActiveState2.1.0 distribution and MSVC++ compiler on Win2000.

ints and longs are the same size on all current Windows flavors, so fiddling
the config file this way won't hurt anything.