[Somewhat Off Topic] AI Contest

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon Aug 6 02:57:43 EDT 2001

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Peter Hansen wrote:

>Roman Suzi wrote:
>>
>> On 5 Aug 2001, Doug Fort wrote:
>>
>> >I'm not convinced that logic programming == AI. I'm more of a bottom-up
>> >genetic algorithm fan myself.
>>
>> Well, "I" could be different. I always thought having logic is necessary
>> to be intelligent. Evolution is not intelligent, but it solves problem.
>> Probably, it could be called Artificial Intuition.
>
>I'm with Doug on this.  Intelligence does not necessarily imply logic,
>at least not in most of the formal senses.  Intelligence does, however,
>imply the acquisition of knowledge (learning) and its application.
>(At least using the first definition from dictionary.com :-)

OK, OK... But this doen't give explanations why thinks are working
so, while logical approach does...

>And I've been waiting for a chance to use Python (Stackless, of
>course!) for some GA work.

BTW, spam filter which called our discussion "sensitive" probably needs
more AI (genetic or not) ;-) That is a real field for Pythonic AI
applications, genetic or not.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Monday, August 06, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/