OT: Map generation/plotting

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Aug 2 19:45:12 EDT 2001

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

>     David> Does anyone have experience with or pointers to libraries or
>     David> utilities that would simplify the job of displaying maps and
>     David> translating locations (aka lat/long) to the map for highlighting?
>
> Mapblast?  Mapquest?

Hmm, thanks, although I may not have been clear enough :-)

Those will certainly work interactively, but at least last time I
looked, those sites didn't publish source code or libraries that I
could use in my own applications, do they?  (Just peeked again and
didn't see anything, aside from some help on embedding stuff in web
pages which won't work for what I'm aiming for)

Although presumably I could use them to grab GIFs of certain regions,
although I'd have to check again to see how precise I could determine
lat/long of the diagrams.  They give me a current point, but not how
much the map represents in total.

--
-- David