string bug/oddity?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Aug 13 23:13:06 EDT 2001

Oktay Safak wrote:

> Thanks for all the solutions suggested, I tried them
> all and they all worked very well. I understood that
> the problem with my code has been in type
> identification process mainly. Now I know how to do it
> properly. Terrific group! BTW, is it proper to post to
> the group just to thank the responders?

Regardless of whether "just thanking the responders" is
appropriate, your post above is entirely acceptable
since it showed that your problem was solved, and that
the thought that went into the responses had another effect
(you learned something).  That's thanks enough.

(But you're welcome anyway. :-)

-politeness-is-always-on-topic-in-c.l.py-ly yr's, Peter