Newbie, need tutorial D/L

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 14 19:46:09 EDT 2001

S11001001 wrote:

> I am only a newbie to python, a perl refugee, in fact. I need a DOWNLOADABLE,
> as in one tarball or something, tutorial employing DESCRIPTION. I cannot leave
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  huh?
> the internet connection running as I page through the tutorial at python.org,
> so I can't go that route. Once I get kernel 2.2.5, I will be able to do
> Internet in Linux, so it will probably be alright. But I prefer to learn
> offline.

Not sure what you meant by "tutorial employing DESCRIPTION"
(isn't that redundant... a tutorial is an exercise in
descriptive writing, isn't it?), but why not just download
Python and install it?  It has the descriptive tutorial
included in the documentation that comes with it.
(see .../python/Doc/tut/tut.html)

--
Peter Hansen, P.Eng.
peter at engcorp.com