questions.part #2

whats_really_hot whats_really_hot at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 15:26:35 EDT 2001

This is the second post of mine. First, I would like to thank all u that
responded to first post. Here I repeat some of the questions of my first
post, because they were not properly answered or cause I didn't get straight
answers.
 In the first post u answered me that in Unix based platforms "cat" command
starts the creation of a module. OK, now I go on with some more queries.

1. When we type "dir()" in the interactive command line prompt get among all
the others the module "__name__" which really tell us the name of the module
that we are . But now we are in the interactive command line prompt, which
is a module with the name "__main__". Now, my question is, why isn't
__name__ = __main__? (Why isn't __name__ substituted by __main__?

Sorry for repeating this question but I didn't really get a clear answer.

2. What is the difference between "!=" and "<>" (which really mean
"different")?

3. Are the built-in tools (such as "len", "sort" etc) maintained in a folder
into the Python directory, so as I can access and edit them?

4.   What is the difference between "%d" and "%i" (which really point
integer values)?

5. What does it mean that Python is a "high-level language" and other
languages, such as C, are low-level?

Sorry for the simplicity of some of the above questions, but are crucial for
me for the full understanding of Python.

Thanks again for ur attention and immediate responds.

Mail me: whats_really_hot at hotmail.com