bsddb for simple database [very basic]

Artur Skura arturs at iidea.pl
Sun Aug 26 18:07:42 EDT 2001

I need very simple database functionality for a weblog.

(Most things generally available are very heavy, require
Potgres/MySQL/PHP/whatever - this one will be just a little boa+a couple
of cgi scripts, very flexible and easy to maintain).

I thought about using one of the standard db modules, like bsddb. (First
thing i have found is that documentation is quite scarce. I've seen some
examples of using marshal with bsddb, but this seems like too much now.)

I need to set up a simple database:

* key
* name
* date
* comment

What is the simplest way to do that?

If I do

mydb["0"] = "foo"

etc, I will just have standard dictionary pairs, with strings.
I need records. How do I do that?

Is there a document describing bsddb Python interface in more detail than
the few words in the documentation?

Regards,
Artur
--