FEEDBACK WANTED: Type/class unification

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Aug 2 10:07:32 EDT 2001

"William Tanksley" <wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net> wrote ...
[ ... ]

> Oops, I just realised that using 'class' as a variable name can't possibly
> work: the parser can't currently disambiguate
>
> class = myClass
>
> from a class declaration, since both start with the token "class".

I've spent a couple of minutes trying to remember if I ever wrote

    self = something

Nope, don't remember that. Which isn't to say it might not be meaningful in
some context I haven't imagined.

Surely it would be no more meaningful to assign to class than it would to
self? Not, you understand, that this means there are no other ambiguties in
there...

regards
 Steve
--