emacs python mode

Adam 'Vonlia' Seyfarth adam.seyfarth at home.com
Wed Aug 8 13:34:37 EDT 2001

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Aug 2001 15:50:03 GMT, Adam 'Vonlia' Seyfarth
> <adam.seyfarth at home.com> wrote:
> >
> >(note:  I had another reason for sending the last one, I wanted to know
> >what else Emacs in Python mode could do.)
>
> Well it *did* sound like a wild troll.

Yes, I'm sorry.  I wasn't thinking for the common good of the people.  I
should be burned at the steak...

> Emacs python mode brings you an easy way to access the classes and
> methods in your file through a dedicated menu. You get easy ways of
> indenting/de-intenting blocks of codes, same thing for commenting out
> or un commenting blocks of code.  You can also work on the interpreter
> or debugger within emacs to run/debug the code you're editing.

(I formatted that, using Vim, by the way...no offense) Spiffy!  That
class method menu sounds like a cool feature!  I thought that whole
web-page was devoted to a file that just gave you highlighting and
indenting...  I now know why Emacs users like it so much!

Sorry, again!

--
     Hunter with gun: ``I love animals. That's why I love to kill
     them.''

    /||  Adam Seyfarth <http://members.home.net/adam.seyfarth/>  ||\
   /«||  <mailto:cloud at users.sf.net>   <http://www.majik3d.org>  ||»\
   \«||  <http://tuxaqfh.sf.net>        <http://tuxkart.sf.net>  ||»/