Large pages using Zope

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed Aug 1 09:18:10 EDT 2001

In article <3B674802.C730D678 at engcorp.com>,
Peter Hansen  <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>Achim Domma wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just finished the first step : I succeded in introducing Python as our
>> prefered scripting language, replacing JScript and VBScript in the future.
>> Now we need a way to script webpages with it.
>
>Presumably you are not talking about using Python in the browser?  That's
>possible, of course, with IE (which Python can script via ActiveX), but
>it requires installing Python on each client machine and therefore is
>feasible only on an Intranet.
			.
			.
			.
Mr. Domma, I have a similar question.  Are you saying
that you're replacing client-side JScript and VBScript
with server-side Python?  Architectural redesign inter-
ests me; what kinds of service were JScript and VBScript
giving you?  Did they reach to your CORBA-DB back end?
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net