[ANN] SkunkWeb 3.0 Released!

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Aug 24 13:24:11 EDT 2001

Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru> writes:

>> DTML bites. It hits on making it easy to do easy things, but is too
>> constraining for the expert because you don't have the full flexibility
>> of Python in the tags.
>
>    DTML is presentation language. Don't mix logic and presentation. If you
> need Python - just use Python, not DTML.

The problem, though, is that it's not all that easy to do HTML in
Python, especially for non-programmers.  One neat approach is Enhydra,
a Java system, which uses id attributes in HTML tags and then lets the
Java code modify those tags.  Completely separates presentation from
implementation.  OTOH because it is Java, it apparently obeys the
unwritten rule that it must be a beheamoth with a large and complex
API that requires 10x more code to use than it should.... sigh....

I also dislike not storing files in the regular, filsystem way.

OTOH, Zope's inheritance model is quite nice.

-- John

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org>    GPG: 0x8A1D9A1F    www.complete.org