newbie

Mark Nenadov mnenadov at stclairc.on.ca
Wed Aug 1 10:20:11 EDT 2001

In article <861gmtojn1b9ohrvp3aqqdh927isp7297r at 4ax.com>, "Theasolon"
<inflicted at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> I'm newbie to this all, and done some research. I want to start to learn
> programming, and I believe Python is a good language to start. I have
> absolutely no experience in programming, so does anyone here have any
> tips for newbies? I've found several tutorials etc, but if anyone has
> any tips at all, please mail me. Maybe a good website to start etc.
> Thanks.

Hello. I think Python is a great choice.

Being a new programmer, you may find the following resources helpful:

http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/
http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/

Those tutorials are great for people who want to start programming with
Python, but need also need a gentle introduction to some concepts of
programming.

--
"The use of COBOL criples the mind; its teaching should, therefore
 be regarded as a criminal offence" - E. W. Dijkstra

~Mark Nenadov (author/editor for http://www.coffeecode.com)