Python 2.1.1-3 RPMs updated with LFS

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio at openservices.net
Fri Aug 31 02:23:02 EDT 2001

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Roman Suzi wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
>
> Hi, Sean!
>
> I have problems with your src.rpms on my RedHat 6.2.
>
> expat.src.rpm doesnt produce required expat-devel and thus I can't satisfy
> that dependency. Also it would be nice if rpms were universal accross
> RedHat 5.x-7.x. I just do not know where to find right expat rpms.
> I know, lacking expat-devel is RedHat's fault.
>
> Same problem with db1.
>
> Do you have plans making at least RH 6.x compatible src RPMs?
> (see "compiling Python 2.1.1" thread in c.l.p. several days ago)
>
> Thank you!

Use these:

  ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/SRPMS/SRPMS/expat-1.95.1-7.src.rpm
  ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/SRPMS/SRPMS/python2-2.1.1-2.src.rpm

The Python RPM will need to be modified for LFS, but other than that they
should work fine on 6.2 and up.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio at openservices.net>