Pmw -- for password entry how do I get it to echo *

Martin Franklin martin.franklin at westerngeco.com
Thu Aug 2 04:31:26 EDT 2001

Jerry,

entry_show='*'

should do the trick

incedentaly focus_set/focus_get and this snipet of code to center your
dialog....

root = Tk()
Label(root,text="Cough Cough Cough").pack()
root.update()
sw = root.winfo_screenwidth()
sh = root.winfo_screenheight()
w = root.winfo_width()
h = root.winfo_height()
newGeometry='+%d+%d' % ((sw/2)-(w/2), (sh/2)-(h/2))
root.geometry(newGeometry=newGeometry)
root.mainloop()

As for the ghost dialog box I guess you are doing somthing like..

from Tkinter import *

top=Toplevel()
entry=Entry(top....)
top.mainloop()

If this is the case change the Toplevel() to Tk()

HTH
Martin