Qt licensing hell!

Chris Farley nbrewer at visi.com
Thu Aug 23 11:43:51 EDT 2001

I would like to develop an opensource cross-platform GUI application
in PyQt. I would like to distribute a Windows version of the application
bundled with all the .DLLs needed to run the program, including the Qt
library. Is it legal to do this? Here's part of the license that is
giving me headaches.

  * You may copy and distribute the Software in unmodified form
  provided that the entire package, including - but not restricted
  to - copyright, trademark notices and disclaimers, as released
  by the initial developer of the Software, is distributed.

Does this mean I can't distribute just the .DLL, and that I need to
distribute the entire non-commercial version of Qt? Ack!

--
Christopher Farley
www.northernbrewer.com