Troublesome PIL Installation

Christian Lundh xistan at yahoo.se
Wed Aug 29 15:53:21 EDT 2001

Thanks for your help John,

Unfortunately this wasn't the cause. The error related to an
uncomplete Python installation, which actually left the
lib/python2.1/config directory empty, and therefor PIL couldn't find
it's configuration files.

However, with that problem resolved, another problem appeared. But
that is not related to Python/PIL, but more an issue with HP-UX. It
seems as if the implementation of stdio.h and unistd.h conflicts and
some functions is inconsistantly declared. I have seen a lot of
articles on this issue, but no one I have read so far actually have a
solution for the problem.

But I guess we can close the Makefile.pre.in matter for now.

Thanks again for your help

/Christian Lundh