Python & wxPython on Solaris 2.6

Vadim Zeitlin zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr
Wed Aug 1 08:03:26 EDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:06:11 GMT, Doug Farrell <writeson at earthlink.net> wrote:
>and it seems to build a Makefile okay. But when I run make I get errors.
>Some of which are caused by space characters where there should only be tabs
>in the Makefile. When I fix these I still get errors as it looks like the
>Makefile doesn't know how to build all the *.o files.

 It would probably be useful to send the error log (although probably not here
as it hardly has anything to do with Python - try comp.soft-sys.wxwindows
instead), but from what you say it seems that your distribution has got
corrupted somehow. There are definitely no spaces in the makefile. OTOH you
*must* use GNU make (gmake) to build wxGTK, native make doesn't work.

 Regards,
VZ
--
GCS/GM d? H+ s++:-- p2 au--- a- w+ v C+++ UBLS+++ P- L++ N++ E--- W++++ M? V--
-po+ R++ G`` !tv b+++ D--- e++++ u++ h--- f+ r++ n- y?