Is 0 > None??

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Fri Aug 31 16:15:05 EDT 2001

[Manus Hand]
> Version 2.0 has None > sys.maxint (and I liked it that way)

As has been said, it's not defined.

> Version 2.1.1 has None < sys.minint (and I wish it weren't)

And it still isn't defined.  For that matter, neither is "sys.minint".

> Version 2.1.1 seems to be a reversion to 1.5.1 and earlier in this
> respect.

Nope, it's all accidents.  It so happens that if you compare None with
anything non-None today, and the compare doesn't raise an exception, None
compares less.  But that's not defined either, so don't rely on it.