Deposing Dictators

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Fri Aug 3 00:42:25 EDT 2001

[Frank "Finger Fart" Lomax]
> Considering that I write 10k-50k lines of Python a day . . .

[Carl Fink]
> Fifty thousand lines?  Okay, assume each line has two words, that's
> 100,000 words.  Now assume you type at 100 words per minute, and
> never stop to think.  That's *over 16 hours* of typing.  Per day.

Give the guy a break, Carl.  Frank may not be the swiftest coder around, but
it's really not unusual for newcomers to take as long as 3 weeks to reach
the 100 Kline/day Python median.  If Frank is *very* new at Python (which it
sounds like), he'll see a big improvement when he breaks himself of the
habit of reaching for his curly-brace keys all the time.

i-personally-use-indent-and-dedent-foot-pedals-but-then-i'm-a-pro-ly
    y'rs  - tim