Tkinter event loops

Mike Clarkson support at internetdiscovery.com
Sun Aug 26 03:25:54 EDT 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:16:16 GMT, Howard Lightstone
<howard at eegsoftware.com> wrote:

>How do I provide the same event handling as the mainloop method while
>still allowing me to "poll" other activities?
>
>Do I use the update method or update_idletasks method or ???

What you need is the (undocumented) createtimerhandler method.
Look at the source code of _tkinter.c at the Tkapp_CreateTimerHandler
code, and look at the Tk/Tcl documentation for
Tcl_CreateTimerHandler, Tcl_DeleteTimerHandler - call a procedure at a
given time.

Mike.