Python Web Site Copier?

Paul Sidorsky paulsid at home.com
Sat Aug 11 21:39:39 EDT 2001

Has anybody written a Python version of a utility like sitecopy?  (For
synchronizing a web site on a server with a copy maintained on one's hard
drive.)  From my search, I see that a few months ago somebody was working on a
Python wrapper for sitecopy, but I would prefer a pure-Python solution for a
variety of reasons (which I won't go into).

I am up to the job of writing my own but of course I don't want to if I don't
have to!

Thanks in advance.  My apologies if this isn't completely on topic.