Python Windows installer: good news!

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Aug 1 17:31:37 EDT 2001

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> writes:

> The Python installer is more complex in several ways, though, and it's time
> for me to move on.  Note that I did check in a functional Inno Python
> installer, in PCbuild/python.iss (under CVS), and I'd be delighted to see
> interested parties in the community finish the conditional registry-fiddling
> parts.  I keep hearing that's how Open Source works <0.9 wink>.

I think I've heard that theory whispered occasionally too... :-)

That's actually what my post was meant to reference - finishing off
your functional-with-questions python.iss using ISX.  But as time is
finite (at least down to some level of precision or exactness and if
I'm not using / rather than // ... or something like that), it's not
clear there's much benefit to having a working Inno solution given the
new Wise lease on life.  At least barring some completely free
experimental time.

--
-- David