from __future__ import generators

Terry Reedy tjreedy at home.com
Fri Aug 10 23:09:02 EDT 2001

 Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> writes:
 > If enough people prefer to always have the 'yield' keyword enabled,
we
 > can do that.  I thought that there would be a huge opposition
against
 > breaking code this way, but maybe it's OK.   At least 'yield' is
not a
 > silent break.

If you do this, which might well be for the greater good ..., two
suggestions:

1. a global (wrt directory subtree) search/replace program based on
walk/tokenize.
(you could make provision thereof a condition for yield as default)

2. a noisy break - on Syntax error from misuse of yield: "yield is now
a keyword.  If you were trying to use it as a variable name, use
something else instead."

Terry J. Reedy