Am lost in ObjetLand... (BaseHTTPServer class hierarchy)

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Thu Aug 23 04:36:35 EDT 2001

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at home.com> said :

> You can create your own instance of BaseHTTPRequestHandler in the test
> function and then call that method on it, but it will not be the same
> instance as the one used by ServerClass.  Take a look at
> HTTPServer.__init__ to see what it does with the Handler Class.  Then
> search for "date_time_string" to see if it ever calls that method.

Hmm, a "fugitive" instance just to get at the method, didn't think of that,
must try...
It may even be the only way in this case, because it seems to me that such
an instance is created for each http request, so there isn't one
"persistent" instance to get at... or maybe I'm just not good enough at
backtracking through the class maze :-)

Thanks for the tip anyway,
fp

--