bsddb for simple database [very basic]

Al Gonzalez alberto at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 27 16:44:10 EDT 2001

Not really an answer to your question about bsddb, but rather a suggestion.

Metakit is a very simple to use database that is more powerful than the
db modules.

example (from their docs):
import metakit
db = metakit.storage("datafile.mk",1)
Create a view (this is the MetaKit term for "table"):
vw = db.getas("people[first:S,last:S,shoesize:I]"
Add two rows (this is the MetaKit term for "record"):
vw.append(first='John',last='Lennon',shoesize=44)
vw.append(first='Flash',last='Gordon',shoesize=42)
Commit the changes to file:
db.commit()
Show a list of all people:
for r in vw: print r.first, r.last, r.shoesize
Show a list of all people, sorted by last name:
for r in vw.sort(vw.last): print r.first, r.last, r.shoesize
Show a list of all people with first name 'John':
for r in vw.select(first='John'): print r.first, r.last, r.shoesize

news:slrn9oit5s.b5f.arturs at aph.waw.pdi.net...