Control of flow

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Aug 1 17:59:38 EDT 2001

    [much dict-as-finite-state-machine stuff elided]

    Tim> believe-me-now-or-believe-me-later<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim

I believe Tim.  (Based on past experience, I find it's generally a good bet
to take Tim's advice.  Now if he would just start picking stocks we could
all retire and fiddle with Python to our hearts' content in our copious free
time... ;-)

If you don't want to build a finite state machine from scratch using dicts
and function pointers, you can start with my finite state machine class:

    http://musi-cal.mojam.com/~skip/python/fsm.py

It's getting a little dated (uses regex and string exceptions), but it still
works for me.  I just haven't taken the time to update it (all of, what, ten
minutes?).

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/