Solaris, python and wxPython

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Tue Aug 21 06:21:19 EDT 2001

writeson at earthlink.net (Doug Farrell) wrote in message news:<88bc63c6.0108200531.385ae8af at posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I've got Python-2.1.1 and wxPython installed on my Solaris 2.6 Sun
> Ultra5 machine and I'm having some problems.

You really ought to visit http://www.wxpython.org and check out the
mailing list archives. Another recommendation: search the newsgroups
at http://www.google.com for wxPython and Solaris within
comp.lang.python to see some recent messages on the subject. I
remember finding a site with a recipe for building wxPython on
Solaris, and I believe I posted the site's location.

It's hard to diagnose the problem you describe, but there can be a
number of factors at work: incompatible versions (wxPython, wxGTK,
Gtk), inappropriate compiler and linker flags (remember that this is
Solaris!), insufficient run-time linking information
(LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

Paul