pyFlash

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Thu Aug 9 02:36:32 EDT 2001

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, MNX tech services wrote:

>Would it make sense to use static Flash 5.0 pages as a browser-based GUI
>against a Python backend?  Wouldn't it have the advantage of displaying
>absolutely uniformly across all platforms, along with providing a vast array
>of widgets?

If you code for the WWW, then it's probably not good idea. Personally I
avoid flashed sites, because they are no better than Java applets or
downloadable EXEs or ActiveX-things. I believe Web to be about hypertext
and hate to see additions like Flash used for _content-delivery_.
(Interactive games and splash-screens are OK).

But if you build some internal thing, it is probably good idea,
depending on how many clients have Flash installed.

>KSmith

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Thursday, August 09, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/