Necessary Python stuff on Sun

Doug Farrell writeson at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 29 01:13:25 EDT 2001

Hi,

For various reasons I put the Python source tar file in /usr/local/bin on my
Sun Solaris 2.6 machine in order to compile it and get it running. Now I've
got it running and I'd like to move the necessary libaries and runtime stuff
to another machine. First off can anyone tell me if putting the source tar
file in /usr/local/bin was a bad idea and if so why? If it was a bad idea,
what should I have done to compile and install it? Now that it's done, how
can I extract just the stuff I need to run Python on another Solaris 2.6
machine?

Thanks in advance,
Doug