[Somewhat Off Topic] AI Contest

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon Aug 6 03:04:33 EDT 2001

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Will Ware wrote:

>Roman Suzi (rnd at onego.ru) wrote:
>> To be good for AI, language must have logic
>> programming support. (I wonder if Guido thinks
>> in this direction 'cause this requires adding
>> new keywords ;-)
>
>It sounds like you just want to add a Prolog-esque
>inference engine. Certainly you'd be concerned about
>performance; I think inference engines need to try lots
>of different possibilities to see which match the
>specified conditions. This cries out not for a change
>in Python, but a C module. Perhaps it could be cobbled
>together out of some existing Prolog implementation.

Ye... Something like Logical could be good complementation to Numeric and
Scientific. So much pity I have not mastered SWIG. However, Logical would
require the same or even greater intimacy between Python data and
inference engine. Probably all data types will need to be redone, as it
happened with Numeric.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Monday, August 06, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/