Question about indentation and bugs

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Aug 23 22:55:30 EDT 2001

Skip Montanaro wrote:

> In theory, it could be a problem.  In practice, it really never is.  My
> recommendation would be that you give it a try and then come back to the
> list if it proves to be a problem.

There is one thing to keep in mind, though:
NEVER MIX TABS AND SPACES IN INDENTATION.
A given file should be indented using either
tabs only or spaces only.

As long as you follow that rule, then as Skip
says, you probably won't have any problems.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg