Really stupid question regarding PEP 252 and type/class unification

Russell Turpin russell_turpin at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 24 17:33:46 EDT 2001

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at home.com> wrote in message news:<ttlh7.130642$EP6.36178683 at news1.rdc2.pa.home.com>...
> Currently it would be better to think of it as instantiated
> from a subtype.  The type of a class instance is 'instance'.
> The type of a subtype instance is that subtype, just as the
> type of a list instance is 'list'.

So .. do types support multiple inheritance? I would assume
they don't, i.e., that the following generates an error:

    class Mosaic(dictionary, int):
        pass

After all, a mosaic can't have two types of default attribute
(value). But then, what happens in the next step, when classes
and types are truly unified? That one has me scratching my
head.

Russell