QT to change menu bar

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 2 01:38:52 EDT 2001

David <david7 at visto.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to use QT and python to do the following:
> Usually when you do a mouse over an item on any windows menu bar, you
> will see a boarder around that item. Now I need to do is to make it
> not to have any border, and also highlight the item when I do a mouse
> over. Usually only the item in sub menu will be highlighted when you
> do a mouse over.

That effect is determined by the widget style, and the only way
to really change that is to implement your own widgetstyle, perhaps
based on the windows one. It should be possible, I've done halve
a style for one of the chapters in the PyQt book (www.opendocs.org),
but the code is in some disarray after an unfortunate accident with
Xemacs sgml auto-indent...

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org