newbie question

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Wed Aug 22 20:52:45 EDT 2001

> I'm not a python programmer, but I have evaluated the
> language relative to
> java (yes, I'm a java programmer, and you can assume my
> opinion on python is
> suspect). No doubt I'm about to be beat up by all your phyton
> programmers
> for this, but I'm a glutton for punishment. Please, no four
> letter words or
> verbal attacks about my mother.  Here goes:

I'm not going to beat up on you. All I can do is laugh.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I'm afraid you couldn't be further from the truth about many of your points.
Especially J(P)ython of which you got the intention *completely* wrong ...

I think you will find that the majority of Python programmers are familiar
with Java, C and C++, plus usually a number of other more esoteric languages
(I myself have forgotten around 20 languages I've used over time). Python
tends to draw in people who have used other languages, and appreciate the
(usually) clean and consistent design of Python.

Tim Delaney