freeBSD 2.1.1 extension problem

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 05:40:18 EDT 2001

In article <+UeuyXAErgi7Ewiy at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk>, Robin Becker
<robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes
>Whilst trying to recompile an extension with freeBSD 4.2 + Python-2.1.1
>I'm getting the following error.
>
>/usr/local/include/python2.1/unicodeobject.h:91: wchar.h: No such file
>or directory
>

>This extension compiled OK with Python-2.1. So must I upgrade my OS or
>is this a buglet of some kind?

This is a bit stranger than I thought. On one system running freebsd-
4.1.1-STABLE I have to build my own Python-2.1.1 as it's a colo machine.
On that system I can build the extension fine. Certainly doesn't seem to
have a wchar.h though.

On the problem system freebsd-4.2-STABLE with the recently upgraded
binary packaged Python-2.1.1 I am unable to build the package.
--
Robin Becker