from __future__ import generators

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Aug 11 18:33:30 EDT 2001

[Guido van Rossum]

> If enough people prefer to always have the 'yield' keyword enabled, we can
> do that.  I thought that there would be a huge opposition against breaking
> code this way, but maybe it's OK.  At least 'yield' is not a silent break.

My voice is surely not representative, but it is a voice nevertheless.
When the direction is good, I prefer to see things moving forward, and
would avoid `from __future__' here.  Yet, I also understand the concerns you
have about not disturbing other Python users.  My opinion is that globally
replacing `yield' by something else, using about any editor, is an easy
challenge.  It could be advised somewhere in the transition documentation.