char** to {'':('',)}

Grant Griffin not.this at seebelow.org
Fri Aug 31 15:00:12 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.999278389.32583.python-list at python.org>, "Tim says...

>... If you suffer KFG (Kneejerk Fear of Goto)...

Naw, I don't.  In fact, in assembly, I use 'em all the time <wink>.

But I live in a world that mostly _does_ suffer from KFG, so not using them can
save a lot of explaining (except here <wink>.)  And more importantly, on a
purely pragmatic basis, nearly every time I've put them in, I've ended up taking
them out.

However, the cases I've stuck with them have all been things I would have done
"try/except" in Python, or "try/catch" in C++, so I agree that gotos are the
best thing C has for that.

suffering-from-a-kneejerk-fear-of-suffering
   -a-kneejerk-fear-of-gotos-<wink>-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation            http://www.iowegian.com