readline and interpreter commandline support on SGI

Rolo Tomasi rolo at foobar.org
Thu Aug 16 18:02:36 EDT 2001

I am building Python 2.1.1 on SGI IRIX64 platform.
I have downloaded and installed the GNU readline package
from GNU.  I am having trouble figuring out how to tell
the Python 2.1.1 build to:

	- build readline into the interpreter

	- use the include and lib paths where my readline is
          installed during the Python build.

I want to be able to use the command completion, editing, and
history features at the Python interpreter.

Has anyone done this on SGI.  The Solaris and Linux platforms
I have built Python 2.1.1 on have all been easy to get readline
support at the commandline to build and work.

Please help.

Thanks