FEEDBACK WANTED: Type/class unification

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 06:19:45 EDT 2001

>> I've just read http://www.python.org/2.2/descrintro.html :
I've been reading this as well and some of the peps that go into it.

I don't seem to be able to understand all the get/set attribute stuff.

Is the thing returned by getset only applicable to instance attributes.

It appears on the face of it to be an object which traps lhs and rhs
reference. If that is the case would it not be better to provide
mechanisms to trap these references on all kinds of objects.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is can getset be used to create a
readonly module level global or can it only be used for attributes.
--
Robin Becker