Dumb python questions

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Aug 15 08:42:16 EDT 2001

Paul Rubin wrote:

> Python is really pleasant to code in and mostly well designed.  I just
> keep hitting what seem like little lapses of common sense.

You might say that.  The good news is that what Guido
did was substitute his own sense, which in the case of
language design appears generally to be better than the
"common" sense.

Your questions are interesting (although they've been
asked many, many times before), but hold back on judging
the rationality of the design until you've spent more
time with Python and got a better feel for the type of
sense that was actually behind it. :-)

(This being free advice, you can of course return it
for a full refund. :)

--
Peter Hansen, P.Eng.
peter at engcorp.com