Perl/Python/Ruby common backend (Parrot, can Ruby play too?)

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Tue Aug 7 05:17:08 EDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 11:36:47PM -0700, Paul Prescod wrote:
> Phil Tomson wrote:

> > Is there any sort of forum (comp.lang.parrot? - well, parrot isn't
> > strictly a language ) where all three groups can discuss ideas?

> There isn't really any kind of formal discussion going on. If there was
> it would *probably* take place here:

> http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=01/07/02/142236&mode=thread

Note that there's been some activity on python-dev between python- and
perl-developers, though most of this has been "uderstanding how python
works" (and also how perl works, for that matter) "to see if it's even
possible to combine". Some of the low-level discussion was taken offline,
though, but I'm not sure howmuch (I can only see what I get in my mailbox,
after all :)

Still, these aren't the grand discussions on design that will eventually
have to arise to get things going :) ESR promised to dive into Perl (and
Python alike) to start working on it, so I guess we'll hear from him.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>