MOOP/POO help

Jeff Cohen jaif at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 21 17:28:09 EDT 2001

If this isn't the right place to post this, please direct me to the correct
spot.

I'm playing with MOOP (a POO descendant) as a means to sharpen my novice
python skills.  I'm just starting, and would like to know how to add a
property to a class that carry's through to all it's children.  More
specifically:

I'm using a virgin MOOP install and then running bootstrap.  I see usertypes
"User", "Wizard", etc, and note that Wizard is a descendant of User.  I want
to add a property, "hitpoints" to user.  So, I use the @set command on
$sys.usertypes.User and I have a new property when I @ex
$sys.usertypes.User.  However, when I @ex $sys.usertypes.Wizard, I don't see
my new property.

I'm probably thinking of something incorrectly here, or just making a dumb
error.  Can someone tell me what I need to do to make my vision occur, short
of modifying bootstrap.txt with my props, and then re-doing the install?

Thanks,

-Jeff