Python Is Really Middleware

Robert Amesz reqhye72zux at mailexpire.com
Sun Aug 5 17:33:30 EDT 2001

Bengt Richter wrote:

> On Sun, 05 Aug 2001 02:13:04 GMT, Robert Amesz
> <reqhye72zux at mailexpire.com> wrote:
>
>> [... 1.20 version of above info ...]
>>
>>So the terms of use may very well have changed after this was
>>written, and it may not appply to some or all versions of Bison
>>above 1.20, but this is what I have on the subject.
>>
> They did change, apparently ;-)

It certainly looks that way. Thanks for clearing that up.

> I don't think they can change their mind back, can they?

Not for that particular version, I'd say. If they'd ever make a version
which produces substantially different output they could do it, but I
don't think they will. LGPL is now firmly established next to GPL.

> The most recent time stamp of a file in that .gz file of 1.28
> is a couple of years old now.

Well, Bison/Yacc and Flex/Lex are typical tools which are at in the
twilight of their development cycles. They are still useful, but the
best you can hope for is a couple of bugfixes every few years. Good,
reliable stuff, but most definitely *not* leading edge.

Robert Amesz