wow! (generators) - suggestion (yield saved)

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Sun Aug 5 10:18:05 EDT 2001

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Ken Seehof wrote:

>This is python, not perl.  Readability therefore has priority over terse
>obfuscation.  I definitely prefer 'yield' over '*'.

P.S.

I just wonder what will become of Python programs after generators will be
in common use (and they will be!). Looking at standard library suggests
that maybe more than half of the modules could benefit after rewriting
them with generators. Generators save memory without too much (if any)
computational overhead and this will not be unnoticed by developers.

It is already hard to reimplement something written in Python in another
language, generators will make it much harder... But who cares? ;-)

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Sunday, August 05, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/