Am lost in ObjetLand... (BaseHTTPServer class hierarchy)

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Wed Aug 22 12:13:19 EDT 2001

Another newbie question...

I was playing with BaseHTTPServer.py and got stumped with a (seemingly)
simple question :

The module defines these classes :

class HTTPServer(SocketServer.TCPServer):
 (...)

class BaseHTTPRequestHandler(SocketServer.StreamRequestHandler):
  (...)
    def date_time_string(self):
        (...)
  (...)

then a function that serves as "main" :

def test(HandlerClass = BaseHTTPRequestHandler,
         ServerClass = HTTPServer):

    server_address = ('', 8000)
    httpd = ServerClass(server_address, HandlerClass)
    httpd.serve_forever()

The question is : can I use the date_time_string() method of
BaseHTTPRequestHandler inside the 'test' function ? If so, how ? At first I
thought the 'httpd' instance of HTTPServer should know about that method
somehow, but now I'm not so sure :)

TIA - and sorry if this is stupid,
fp

--