compiling standard python modules

Janno Kusman jannokusman at hot.ee
Thu Aug 2 09:53:22 EDT 2001

Hi!

I'm trying to compile python to embed platform running NetBSD on MIPS
based CPU. I have managed to compile python executable and it seems to work.

I can't figure out how to compile standard modules like time and math.
Compiling is done under Windows using Cygwin based tools so I can't use
compiled python to run setup.py. I tryied to run setup.py using windows
python, but it figures out platform and compilers wrong.

I would preciate if someone could guide me how to compile standard
modules manually - how python finds and uses modules, maybe it's
possible to compile modules into python executable?

regards,
Janno