[ANN] SkunkWeb 3.0 Released!

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Sat Aug 25 04:58:59 EDT 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Drew Csillag wrote:
> BTW: on a totally side thing: can Zope do virtual hosting?

   Short: yes, and you cn do it in many ways.

   First, you can hide Zope behind Apache or other httpd. Initially even
this hiding required some tricks. Later Even Simpson incorported these
tricks into his Product SiteAccess. Currently SiteAccess allows you to
define virtual hosts using a bit too complicated (and hard to debug)
SiteRules. Or Apache + VirtualHostMonster (another object from SiteAccess),
this is much simpler.
   Few days ago I saw an announcement of EnhancedSiteAccess from a 3d
party. There all neccessary SiteRules are already predefined, so you need
only to fill a form mapping your virtual hosts to Zope folders. Things
certainly cannot be simpler, so I think this is the final state of Zope
virtual hosting.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru