Installing module: import error "No module named 'new'"

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sun Aug 5 16:25:33 EDT 2001

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001 14:46:17 -0500, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote
in comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.997040710.1734.python-list at python.org>:

:(I've no idea how you'd coax Windows into building it for
:you.)

Hmm. Ick. That probably requires grabbing the source and compiling it
oneself. My understanding is that Python requires VC++ to compile.
(Compiling Python is probably a bit of a stretch for me on Windows...of
course I've done it on Linux and have to do it again in another week or
two when the server I'm using upgrades the core and gets a newer version
of gclib.)

I'm a bit leery of using modules that require stuff like this that isn't
default. I want to be able to distribute my code, and if most people are
going to have "new" available to them, then a module that uses it isn't
easy to distribute.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/