Python for beginners

Dag Dag at animagicnet.no
Tue Aug 7 16:24:39 EDT 2001

On Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:40:30 +0200, Michael Briel <kruge at gmx.de> wrote:
>Hi there!
>
>I'm generally interested in Python - can anybode point me to either a book
>or a page that teaches you from the beginning how to use this language? I
>generally know how to program computers, but I haven't done it in ages, so
>it better be "for Dummies"... ;o)

Personally I'd recomend 'The Quick Python Book' by Harms and McDonald.
It tok me from someone who had hacked a bit of perl and BASIC quite a
while ago, to someone who programs fairly large things in Python very
quickly.   Covers both basic and fairly advanced topics from both a Unix
and Windows perspective.  It also makes a quite useful reference book.

Dag